Technician Career Pathways at Nimnicht Family of Dealerships
- Family owned and operated since 1941
- Chevrolet “Dealer of the Year” 2019
- Top 5 finisher in Service Nationwide
- An active contributor to multiple local charities
- Proud partner with your Jacksonville Jaguars
- President’s award winning dealership
- Governor’s award winning dealership
- Service and Parts excellence award
- Top 10 nationally in customer pay labor sales
Service Careers at Nimnicht
- Our culture promotes growth from within
- Immediate growth opportunities
- Mentoring programs
- Factory training programs
- We currently employee 26 technicians
- Apprenticeship Program
- Our shop houses 50 service bays
- Average technician tenure is 6 years
- Our warehouse stocks over $2.5 million inparts
- We offer medical, dental and vision plans
- Full reimbursement for ASE test completion
- Paid time off
- 1 week at 1 year
- 2 weeks at 3 years
- 3 weeks at 10 years
- Major holidays
TECHNICIAN CAREER PATHWAYS
Change Oil, rotate tires, replace filters and complete multi-point inspections.
Basic duties plus: Brakes, Tires, and fluid services.
All aspects of vehicle mechanical repair and diagnosis.
Used Vehicle Reconditioning Technician
Complete thorough vehicle inspections and repair level duties to provide safe quality used vehicles for our sales team.
Install factory accessories, custom wheel/tire packages, vehicle suspension kits, aesthetic upgrades and performance upgrades.
TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION PATH
Maintenance Certified Technician
- Online courses are offered to all associates in GM center of learning and are self-paced.
- Flat rate technicians are compensated to complete each GM module.
- Complete online courses and instructor led courses.
- Technicians become certified in 4 areas:
- Complete online courses, core instructor led courses and gain ASE certification in corresponding areas.
- Technicians become certified in 5 areas:
- Complete all online courses, core instructor-led courses and gain ASE certification in corresponding areas.
- Additionally technicians seeking master certification must attend higher level instructor- led courses.
Master Diagnostic Technician
- Complete all online courses, core instructor-led courses and gain ASE certification in corresponding areas plus advanced level L1 ASE.
- Additionally technicians seeking master diagnostic certification must attend invite only high tech courses.
SEE NIMNICHT’S TECHNICIAN PAY SCALE HERE
Nimnicht Cares – Apprenticeship Success stories
Nimnicht Cares – Apprenticeship Program